Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Winter

It's too cold in my workshop.

Hanging from the trusses above, an ultralight kayak built in September awaits final trim.

 On the floor below, a dog sled that is a dozen years old, maybe more, has been partially sanded. When a new coat of varnish is done, and bits of rawhide are  replaced, it's meant to go to a friend.

Meanwhile, cardboard boxes, lengths of wood, and bits of furniture are haphazardly occupying shop space. Trips to Costco produce more cardboard than I like to see, though soon to be dutifully recycled.  Lately, I've had packages arrive that are being reused, rather than broken down for recycling.  Certain suppliers offer the option when ordering; the packages arrive with a label that holds the history of the box's travels. I've meant to research the journey but haven't as yet. So far the boxes have been only slightly unkempt, yet able to carry their contents as intended.  Seems like a great idea.

The cold,  I could offset with a heater, an extra sweater or two. Other things keeping me away from the work can't be avoided for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment